Co-Founder - Senior Managing Director
Mark Westmoreland is a legal and compliance executive with experience at some of the world’s premier financial services companies, including Fintech companies and Top 20 banks.
Mark was most recently the head of a regulatory consulting practice serving bank and fintech clients. During his time as a consultant, Mark led large consulting projects for several Top 10 banks, including long-term consent order remediation projects and projects under attorney-client privilege.
Mark previously served as in-house counsel at two fintech startups as well as two of the largest banks in the world: Capital One and JPMorgan Chase. Mark developed expertise in credit cards, student loans, and installment loans products and subject-matter expertise in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and fair lending, especially in the area of data use and governance.
Mark has led cross-functional teams of compliance and risk professionals across a wide range of projects including:
- Advised compliance departments of top credit card issuers on CMS program enhancements, regulatory strategy, and led multiple, large-scale remediation projects
- Long-term advisor to executives of top card issuers and regional banks
Advised banks on UDAAP compliance, training, and program builds
- Designed and led marketing reviews at various fintech companies and top card issuers
- Led fair lending reviews and adverse action remediations for large banks and Fintech clients
- Advised dozens of Finech clients on creating bank-ready compliance programs
- Conducted due diligence reviews on fintech targets for venture capital clients
- Designed and led several complaint management program overhauls
- Advised banks and Fintech clients on exam preparation and response
- Redesigned a global compliance training program for a large bank and led the implementation
Mark is also a frequent host of roundtables and forums for risk and compliance executives. He’s also been a frequent speaker at the American Bankers Association Regulatory Compliance Conference and several compliance webinars. He also authored numerous articles over the years on CMS design, vendor and complaint management programs, as well as how to handle FCRA and data use issues.
Mark received his JD from the University of Virginia School of Law.