Chelsey Trevino is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and with more than 15 years of experience in the financial industry focusing on compliance and risk management. She has worked with domestic and foreign-owned financial institutions, mortgage originators and services, wholesale banks and international service providers. Chelsey is a subject matter expert in consumer compliance, including mortgage.
In her previous roles as a consultant, Chelsey managed multiple high-profile engagements for top 10 mortgage origination companies and top 5 mortgage servicers. Most recently she was a consultant at an international CPA firm, working with multiple domestic and foreign-owned banks. She managed projects related to examination findings, internal control reviews, regulatory compliance reviews, and review of compliance management systems, among others.
Chelsey’s expertise includes:
- Developing enhanced policy and processes to meet legal and regulatory requirements including consumer compliance, HMDA compliance and data management, fair lending and other consumer compliance needs across products and processes in the financial industry
- Creation and review of compliance management systems
- Assisting financial institutions through regulatory scrunty and consent orders
- Developing and implementing risk-based internal audit plans to enhance compliance
- Improving business standards and enhance business decision making
- Designing training programs for consultants as well as senior management and Board of Directors of clients