Sheila Coley is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager with 24 years of broad financial industry experience including an extensive lending compliance background, as well as a consulting background in banking regulatory compliance.
Sheila was most recently the Director of Compliance-Fair Lending at a multi-state $23 billion bank. During her time as a Director, Sheila built and maintained the bank’s fair lending program.
Sheila previously held senior-level bank positions such as Vice President-Retail Branch Manager, Vice President-Mortgage Lending Manager, and Lending Operations Manager, and also worked in various other lending operations and origination functions during her career.
Sheila has a wide range of experience including:
- Building a fair lending program, including a fair lending risk assessment and robust fair lending monitoring and testing program
- HMDA compliance and data management, including building, enhancing and streamlining processes for improved data accuracy
- CRA reviews to evaluate current lending, services, and investment practices to assess current performance
- Redlining reviews to evaluate geographic lending performance, approval/denial rates, branching and defined market areas, in relation to majority-minority geographies
- Compliance policies and procedures development and enhancement
- Conducting compliance training, including fair lending